“Rural Alberta is a noisy, dusty, hectic place these days — and nights — as farmers on combines harvest their crop.”
In the spiritual realm, there is also a waiting harvest.
Jesus said, “Open your eyes, and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.” John 4:35 (NIV) Alberta has had “ideal growing conditions” for a harvest of souls:
Moisture – the blessings of God have been abundant in Alberta making it a prosperous province. Now is the time to use our prosperity generously to reach out to others.
Heat – believers in Alberta have been praying for months for this harvest.
Wind – the “wind of the Holy Spirit” is blowing across Alberta.
Timing – this is the time and we’re ready! Over the next two months, Alberta churches can be “noisy, hectic, places” as we “combine” together.
What Can I Do?
1. Join an Alpha group and invite a friend to attend with you.
2.Join a North Pointe Growth group. There are on campus groups, home groups, sports groups and support groups.
3. Pray everyday for open hearts and receptive spirits to the good news of Jesus.
4. Watch for guests on Sundays and be a part of the informal welcoming team at North Pointe. The first contact of sharing starts with a smile and a handshake.
APPLICATION: How is your work in the harvest? Please leave a comment below.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.