Just once wouldn’t you love for someone to simply show you the evidence for God’s existence? No arm-twisting. No statements of, “You just have to believe.”
God doesn’t force you to believe in Him.
Instead, He has provided empirical proof of His existence for you to willingly respond to him.
6 Reasons Which Suggest God Exists
1. Water is colorless, odorless and without taste, and yet no living thing can survive without it.
Water is chemically neutral. Without affecting the makeup of the substances it carries, water enables food, medicines and minerals to be absorbed and used by the body.
Ninety-seven percent of the Earth’s water is in the oceans. But there is a system designed which removes salt from the water and then distributes that water throughout the globe.
Evaporation takes the ocean waters, leaving the salt, and forms clouds which are easily moved by the wind to disperse water over the land, for vegetation, animals and people.
It is a system of purification and supply that sustains life on this planet, a system of recycled and reused water.
2. The human brain processes more than a million messages a second. Your brain weighs the importance of all this data, filtering out the relatively unimportant. This screening function is what allows you to focus and operate effectively in your world.
There is an intelligence to the brain, the ability to reason, to produce feelings, to dream and plan, to take action, and relate to other people.
3. The universe is orderly. Much of life may seem uncertain, but look at what you can count on day after day: gravity remains consistent, the sun rises in the east, a hot cup of coffee left on a counter will get cold, the earth rotates in the same 24 hours, and the speed of light doesn’t change – on earth or in galaxies far from us.
How is it that we can identify laws of nature that never change? Why is the universe so orderly, so reliable?
There is no logical necessity for a universe that obeys rules, let alone one that abides by the rules of mathematics.
Richard Feynman, a Nobel Prize winner for quantum electrodynamics, said, “Why nature is mathematical is a mystery. The fact that there are rules at all is a kind of miracle.”
Three more reasons to come in Part 2.
APPLICATION: Please leave a comment below.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.