The “Monk and the Merchant” is a modern parable written by Terry Felber. In God’s economy, a businessperson’s occupation is holy. It is their ministry. From a “merchant’s” business, “monks” can be supported.
Excellent life and financial principles presented:
1. Work hard and God will prosper you.
2. Financial prosperity is connected to soul prosperity.
3. A man must do whatever he can to provide for his family.
4. Trials develop your character, preparing you for increased blessings.
5. Take responsibility for problems that are the result of your own bad decisions.
6. See challenges as stepping stones, not as obstacles.
7. Be meek before God, but bold before men.
8. Loaning money destroys relationships.
9. Live debt free and below your means.
10. Always keep to your budget.
11. Set aside the first 10% to honor God.
12. Understand the power of partnership.
A free copy of this book was provided by Booksneeze for this review.