There is nothing healthier you can do for your soul than diligently making time everyday to be with Jesus.
Diligence is about
Jesus invites you to exert that kind of effort with Him.
6 Practices That Will Help You Grow Your Relationship With Jesus…Everyday
1. Expect your diligence to be rewarded by Jesus.
“Anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
You WILL connect with Jesus as you diligently seek Him.
You may “feel” Him sometimes or most times, but not every time. That doesn’t mean you haven’t connected. It just means you rely on your faith not your feelings at those times.
2. Read your Bible. The Bible is a dynamic book. Its God’s Word.
The Bible will connect you to the ways of Jesus, and His wisdom, will, and character.
It is more important for you to hear from Jesus, than for Jesus to hear from you.
Jesus already knows all about you, but you need to know a lot more about Him. That’s why the Bible is essential.
I get full value reading from the New International Version or The Message or The Living New Testament versions.
The YouVersion website is a great digital resource for Bible reading plans. Here are some popular starting points:
The Book of Acts from YouVersion
North Pointe also uses this reading plan.
3. Reflect. Think about what you’ve read.
• Is there a command to obey?
• Is there a promise to claim?
• Is there a sin to avoid?
• Is there a lesson to learn?
• Is there a new truth to carry with me?
Your spiritual train is running on two rails. One is revelation and the other is application. If either rail stops, your train stops.
Two people can read the same part of the Bible and be impressed by two different things. That’s Jesus taking the words and applying them to YOUR life.
4. Record what Jesus gives you. Write down what He impresses on you or what He tells you to do.
Your writing doesn’t have to be flowery. You’re not writing it for publication or to impress other people.
5. Pray. When you pray, ask the Holy Spirit to help you.
“Lord, help me recognize today what you are trying to teach me and make me aware of areas you are working on in my own life.”
6. Share what you experienced. Jesus did not make you to be a reservoir; He made you to be a conduit.
Tell someone else what is God is showing you.
Follow these 6 steps diligently and you will experience Jesus in a way that will give new meaning to your life.
APPLICATION: How has this information helped you? Share a comment below.
Subscribe to “Pointes of View” by signing up here.