Marriage is not 50-50. Divorce is 50-50. Marriage is 100-100. Love is not splitting everything in half, but giving everything you’ve got.
And love isn’t a quick fix – its a lifelong pursuit.
Dave Willis lays out 7 laws that will set any relationship free.
7 Laws Of Love
1. Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak; it sets you free.
2. Bitterness and love can’t live in the same heart. Each day we must decide which one gets to stay.
3. Lifelong love isn’t the result of compatibility; its the result of commitment.
4. Treat your spouse the way you want your kids’ future spouse to treat them someday.
5. Honesty is the first step toward intimacy. Every healthy relationship is built on a foundation of trust.
6. A strong marriage requires choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other.
7. Time is the currency of relationships, so to build stronger relationships start by investing time.
APPLICATION: Save the date and save a relationship – Sunday April 15th – Simon and Ruth Clarence will be at North Pointe for a day focused on love, marriage, conflict and peace.
Like this? Pass it on, and follow for more.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think.