11 Quotes on Procrastination
1. Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing.
2. “Procrastination is opportunity’s natural assassin.” Victor Kiam
3. Procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried.
4. Procrastination is the result of fearing pain that may result from your actions.
5. “Procrastination and fear are the enemies of success; the war is lifelong, but the battles are daily.” Noel DeJesus
6. Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination.
7. “God has promised forgiveness to your repentance, but He has not promised tomorrow to your procrastination.” Augustine
8. “Don’t ask for directions if you’re not going to start the car.” Rob Liano
9. “It is better to act too quickly than it is to wait too long.” Jack Welch
10. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
11. “The scary thing is, the more I slack off, the more it piles up and the more it piles up, the more I slack off.” Amelia Mysko
7 Actions to Take Against Procrastination
1. Minimize frequency. How often do you find yourself saying, “In a minute”, “I’ll get to it” or “Tomorrow’s good enough” and every other possible excuse in the book? Compare it with how often you decide it’s got to be done, so let’s get on and do it! That should tell you just how serious your procrastinating problem really is.
2. Simplify. “Overcoming procrastination is not, I repeat, not about cramming additional work into your day . . . overcoming procrastination is about simplifying your life to make space for the activities that matter most.” Richie Norton
3. Do nothing. Working is one of the most dangerous forms of procrastination. If you want to get yourself to do something, make the alternative to that task to do nothing. When there’s some chore you just don’t want to tackle, every other chore seems alluring.
4. Start. “Think of the most discouraging thing that you are currently carrying or the biggest project you can’t seem to tackle. Forget about how it happened, forget about how you got there, just look at the clock, and before that number changes, do one little thing to make it better. After you do, enjoy your moment of victory, and then do it again. In less than the time it takes you to blink, the past will burden you no more.” Dan Pearce
5. Stop. “No more excuses or procrastination! Stop allowing your days to be stolen by busy nothingness and take calculated steps towards your goals.” Steve Maraboli
6. Imagine. “If you have goals and procrastination, you have nothing. If you have goals and you take action, you will have anything you want.” Thomas Vilord
7. KISS. The final word goes to Lisa Mininni:
“KISS Procrastination Away:
Keep It Super Simple,
Keep It Step-by-Step,
Keep It Scheduled and Systematic.”
APPLICATION: Are you a procrastinator? How have you changed? Leave a comment below…now.
Pointes of View exists in order to help people grow their faith in Jesus, build healthy relationships and effectively live out their purpose.
- Subscribe. You’ll get helpful content in your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. Daily tweets with info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “Friend” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.