Life is relationships – the rest is just details.
You’ve got to get along to go along.
24 Rules For Getting Along With Anyone. (OK. Almost anyone.)
1. Make getting along your goal.
2. Don’t backstab, condemn or complain.
3. Give honest, sincere appreciation.
4. Become genuinely interested in other people. Think first of the other person.
5. Take the high road.
6. Think before you speak – thoughtless words leave lasting wounds.
7. Remember that a person’s name is to that person the most important sound in any language.
8. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
9. You don’t have to be angry before you can be firm.
10. Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
11. Make promises sparingly and keep them faithfully.
12. Show respect for the other person’s opinion. Never say, “You’re wrong.”
13. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
14. Be loyal.
15. Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
16. Remember: Difficult people are difficult because difficult has worked for them.
17. Develop spiritual depth in yourself and share this strength with others.
18. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
19. Let the other person save face.
20. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
21. Seek to understand before being understood. Do unto others as they would have you do unto them.
22. Use encouragement generously.
24. Smile again.
APPLICATION: Do you have another “rule” that works for you? Please leave a comment below.
Subscribe to “Pointes of View” by signing up here.