The good news is you can make this Christmas season one of the most joyous you’ve ever known.
Its starts with being a joy finder.
14 Ways To Bring Joy To Your Life
1. Both good and bad things are going to happen to you in your life. Good and bad things happen to everybody. Some people are good at finding the miserable things in life, and some are good at finding the joy. Be a joy finder.
2. Joy is a choice. The choice to “rejoice.”
3. “Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.” Henri J.M. Nouwen
4. Joy does not mean feeling good all the time. Joy is the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of my life.
5. Joy is the result of applied faith. You can persevere and sustain hope no matter what, through faith in Jesus Christ. “I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.” (Luke 2:10, NIV)
6. Joy is transcendent, enduring, and is a heart attitude.
7. “The LORD is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts Him. I was helped, my heart rejoiced…” (Psalm 28:7, CEB)
8. Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God.
9. “…the joy from the LORD is your strength.” (Nehemiah 8:10, CEB)
10. Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends.
11. “I like joy; I want to be joyous. I want to make others happy.” Doris Day
12. “A joyful heart is the normal result of a heart burning with love. She gives most who gives with joy.” Mother Teresa
13. “…think of the various tests you encounter as occasions for joy. After all, you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. Let this endurance complete its work so that you may be fully mature, complete, and lacking in nothing. (James 1:2-4, CEB)
14. “Peace is joy at rest, and joy is peace on its feet.” Anne Lamott
APPLICATION: Choose to rejoice. You will be surprised by the power of joy you experience. Was this post of benefit to you? Please leave a comment below. Joy to you.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.