Jesus said, “”I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.” John 11:25-26 (NLT)
12 Quotes About the Resurrection
1. “Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible.” – T.D. Jakes
2. “The devil, darkness, and death may swagger and boast, the pangs of life will sting for a while longer, but don’t worry; the forces of evil are breathing their last. Not to worry…He’s risen!” – Charles R. Swindoll
3. “The resurrection of Jesus changes the face of death for all His people. Death is no longer a prison, but a passage into God’s presence. Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” – Clarence W. Hall
4. “Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of Christ risen.” – Mother Teresa
5. “A dead Christ I must do everything for; a living Christ does everything for me.” – Andrew Murray
6. “The Bible says he was raised not just after the blood-shedding, but by it. This means that what the death of Christ accomplished was so full and so prefect that the resurrection was the reward and vindication of Christ’s achievement in death.” – John Piper
7. “While the resurrection promises us a new and perfect life in the future, God loves us too much to leave us alone to contend with the pain, guilt and loneliness of our present life.” – Josh McDowell
8. “We live and die; Christ died and lived!” – John Stott
9. “The resurrection completes the inauguration of God’s kingdom. It is the decisive event demonstrating that God’s kingdom really has been launched on earth as it is in heaven.” – N.T. Wright
10. “If Jesus rose from the dead, then you have to accept all that he said; if he didn’t rise from the dead, then why worry about any of what he said? The issue on which everything hangs is not whether or not you like his teaching but whether or not he rose from the dead.” – Timothy Keller
11. “Optimism hopes for the best without any guarantee of its arriving and is often no more than whistling in the dark; Christian hope, by contrast, is faith looking ahead to the fulfillment of the promises of God.
Christian hope expresses knowledge that every day of his life, and every moment beyond it, the believer can say with truth, on the basis of God’s own commitment, that the best is yet to come.” – J.I. Packer
12. “No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary. No matter what happens to you, no matter the depth of tragedy or pain you face, no matter how death stalks you and your loved ones, the Resurrection promises you a future of immeasurable good.” – Josh McDowell
Related Posts About Easter
APPLICATION: Which quote is your favourite? Please leave a comment below. Thank you.
I’m writing in order to help people grow their faith in Jesus, build strong relationships and make their leadership effective. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.